Dogs are domesticated animals and highly social; however if you do not take the time to learn how to train your dog they will take control of your house and end up causing all kinds of problems by barking, scratching, tearing up things in your home. Anyone who has a canine friend understands the importance of learning how to train your dog ; however everywhere you look it seems as if everyone has some kind of advice and opinions on the best way to train your canine friend. We all have to learn how to discipline our dogs if you want your house to stay quiet. The best part is that you and your pets can live in harmony and you can learn how to train your dog without taking them to some dog obedience school. I have listed below 5 easy steps on how to train your dog so you both can have a great happy life.
1. Consistency: If you notice your dog doing something wrong take the time to discipline them every time you notice them doing it. Dogs are no different than children; they learn from repetition, the more often you tell them not to do something they will learn not to that thing.
2. Come Command: Only use this for positive reasons. Never tell your dog to come to you and then discipline them for something they did wrong. If you do this they will be scared to come to you when you tell them to. You must learn how to discipline them the moment they do something wrong.
3. Positive Rewards: Anytime your dog does something good let him/her know that you agree with what they have done. Many people give their dogs treats when they do something correct. This will work just as well on your dog just like the corrective behavior; they will understand that doing this is good and they will be more likely to do it because they know that if they do it they will be rewarded with a treat.
4. Dominant Behavior: If you have more than one dog do not let one of them show dominant behavior towards the other one. If this happens let them know that it will not be tolerated. You can help them live together as a healthy pack without any trouble.
5. Patience: Training anyone whether it is a dog , person or anyone else we all know that you have to learn how to develop patience. However through consistently following these steps you can and will achieve a quiet household and everyone will be happy.
You can train your dog by yourself you do not have to pay for any high paying dog obedience classes. If you are new to training your dog and want to get more information on learning how to tackle any of your dog’s behavioral problems then feel free to visit our website below to get more professional advice.
Source by Tommy White