Sean Foley and Charlie Rymer discuss the importance of continuous improvement in golf and waste management. Download Golf Live Extra and watch from …
YUMMM Fried Apple Pie Tacos – Learn how to make them here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0qXjLt8qjI Top Rated Products for any Dog Owner: …
German shepherd dogs can make great family pets, but gsd puppies require proper training and at least a partial raw diet. This article provides some basic information about German shepherds that will help new potential owners decide if the gsd is the right breed for their family.
1. Potty Training. In many ways German shepherd puppies are like any other breed of dog. For instance, puppies will learn fast to hold their business if you crate them rather than allowing them free reign of the entire house. This is due to an instinct your gsd puppy was born with that motivates him to keep his kennel clean. Potty training without a kennel is possible, but the puppy must have free access to his potty spot, and he will not learn how to hold his business as quickly. In this article, potty training and crate training are synonymous.
How to Potty Train a gsd puppy:
- Have a suitable crate. If you buy one that is large in order for the gsd puppy to grow into it, make sure you use the divider or a pillow to take up the excess space so he doesn’t have any room to get away from his business if he were to go potty in the crate. This is all-important, because if the puppy’s instincts don’t tell him that is crate is tight quarters and must be kept clean, he may use a corner for a potty spot.
- He should be kept comfortable with something to play with and chew, but no food or water.
- Let your puppy out of his crate every two hours for the first two weeks. If you are at work and unable to do this, you’ll need to get a puppy sitter to do it for you. It is imperative that the puppy is never forced to hold his business until he has no choice but to soil his den.
- Take the gsd puppy directly outside when you open the crate. Do not linger, play with the dog, answer a phone call, or stop to read a piece of mail. It is very important that the dog is taken directly outside so there is little chance of an accident in the house.
- While outside, say “go potty” or whatever phrase you wish to use. Stick to your phrase and say it lovingly but clearly and with intention.
- When your puppy does his business outside, praise him! Get a little giddy and take it over the top with excitement. Pet him, kiss him, hug him! Tell him he did a great job with a big smile and then go back inside.
- Once inside the puppy should have constant access to water.
2. Feeding German Shepherds German shepherd dogs are closely related to their ancestors, where they hunt their food and eat mostly meat, intestines, bones, and organs. If a German shepherd is fed kibble it’s entire life, it will not get the nutrition it needs for it’s bones and joints. German shepherds are especially prone to hip dysplasia, but feeding at least a partial raw diet can greatly increase the chances that your gsd puppy will not develop this debilitating affliction.
Feeding a raw diet does not have to be complicated. You can feed raw hamburger, chicken with bones, cheap cuts of steak with bones, intestines, hearts, livers, chicken and turkey necks, etc. Find a meat wholesaler who has these types of items as scraps and will sell them to you as inexpensively as possible.
Feed your puppy as much as he can eat in 15 minutes, two times a day. You can give him high quality dog food (kibble) along with his raw food. Do not free feed your gsd puppy with kibble, and especially be wary of kibble with corn or wheat anywhere on the ingredients list. German shepherd dogs are particularly sensitive to corn and wheat and will probably have some sort of reaction to it. This is why many German shepherds become picky or reluctant eaters and owners cannot keep enough weight on them. German shepherd dogs intestines are not meant to digest corn or wheat.
If you would rather feed kibble only because you can’t wrap your brain around the raw diet, find dog food that is corn and wheat free. This will cost more than the cost of cheap cuts of meat, since good kibble is expensive. You will not find it at your local department store, I’ve only ever seen quality dog food on pet store shelves. Ordering it online is a good option.
3. Excercise your gsd DAILY German shepherd puppies are energetic little tyrants! They must have time to romp and play every single day. If you cannot provide the exercise a shepherd requires, don’t buy one.
If you have ever played table shuffleboard, you have probably realized how fun it can be. Many bars and restaurants or family fun centers have table shuffleboard and there are games that up to eight players can play. While typically, two or four players might play most of the time, there are all kinds of variations on the game, making it a popular tournament game, played individually and as teams.
There are a few tips for table shuffleboard skills that include three main objectives you can use to win the game. Well placed weights, attacking your opponent’s highest scoring weights and blocking your own weights are tactics that the most successful players have learned to master. Of course, getting your weights the furthest down the table is the main objective.
You get the most points for the weights that make it to the overhanging four point position and if your opponent knocks it off, it still gets repositioned as long as it comes to rest in that scoring position. On cushion shuffleboard tables, learning how to use corners can protect your weights, especially when they have made it into the highest scoring zone.
Attacking your opponent’s weights that are in the highest scoring zones can be a tactic that you have to practice. You can prevent them from scoring if you learn how to knock them off without knocking them into higher scoring zones. Once you have mastered table shuffleboard, you will also know that your opponent will be trying to attack your weights so you need to block your highest scoring weights to protect them. You want to practice placing your next weight behind your leading weight so that it is protected from your opponent touching it. Be careful that they aren’t too close together or they can both get knocked off.
Another technique that can improve your table shuffleboard skills is learning to play with both hands because sometimes, you will have a better chance on one side of the table versus the other. Some people will shoot straight from the center of the board but many players learn how to side-wheel on Longboard shuffleboard models. To do this, your third and fourth fingers of your shooting hand act as a guide and balance on the side edge of the playing surface, which gives you better accuracy. Some players will use the thumb and forefinger to use an English backspin, which can increase your chances of the weight staying on the board because it puts a braking action on the weight.
There are table shuffleboard skills and tactics you can use whether you shoot first or shoot last. When shooting first, the best tactic is to shoot your first weight down the rail, as far as you can and then if that one remains safe, place your next one down the opposite rail so it will split your opponent’s counter-attack. Think about bowling pins when you are placing your weights in position. The center ones are the easiest ones to hit.
When you are shooting last, the hammer shots should aim at hitting your opponent’s weights every time they are placed, while keeping yours on the board in scoring positions. When you are playing table shuffleboard, some of the best table shuffleboard skills and tactics involve offensive tips as well as defensive moves.
Grip and Wrist set in the golf swing. Meandmygolf shows the importance of the left grip hold and how it effect the wrist hinge and set in the golf swing …
To buy 12 inch softball glove or 13 inch softball glove. That is the question. Now, let’s see if we can find an answer that works for everyone. This question comes up a lot on the forums and at the field. It seems no one knows what size girls softball gloves to buy. Let’s take a look at the options.
Nearly every day I see a question about glove sizes. Girls softball gloves have evolved over the years and now there are so many options it sometimes is hard to make a choice.
Parents want to be sure they order the proper size for their daughters position and physical size. They also usually don’t want to have to buy another one for a couple of years at least.
Fastpitch softball, or softball fastpitch as my friends up north call it is a really fast game. Not just the pitching. Although that is where the name came from of course. But the dynamics of the game of fastpitch softball are impressive. The shorter base paths, the closer pitching distance compared to baseball makes everything happen so much quicker and dynamically.
For that reason there are different glove sizes available now. Mainly they differ by position. Infielders tend to like a smaller glove and outfielders tend to like a longer glove. So what do you do if you play both?
Infield gloves come in a few styles, there are those for the middle infield usually in the 12.5-13 inch size with 12.75 or 13 being the most used size. This size is small enough for the player to have quick hand movement but large enough for them to catch the fly balls that are often hit to them.
There are a lot of players, such as 3rd base that prefer a shorter glove. That’s where the 12 inch softball glove is used most. I do see some shortstops that use 12 inch gloves too. The 12 inch glove is still large enough to grab the full size – 12 inch softball, but smaller and lighter to help make those ultra fast plays off the bat. You know, when you are playing bunt and she drives a hard line drive right at your head.
Outfielders usually like the 13 inch glove, and some kids will choose an even bigger 14 inch glove. However, in my opinion that is too much glove for most female fastpitch softball players. A lot of men that play softball love that really big glove. But of course they usually have bigger hands to fit that large glove.
The larger 13 inch softball glove is truly multipurpose and works for infield and outfield. It is large enough to grab that over the head fly to deep center yet small enough to make those quick plays at 2nd base.
It also often times come down to the size of the kid that is going to use the glove. I have seen some 18 Gold players using 10.5 inch gloves. Now, that girl was kind of on the smaller size, so she had small hands. Thus she was comfortable with a really tiny glove.
For most kids starting out. Those that are 10 to 12 years of age, the 12 inch glove would be a very good choice. Searching for a 12 inch fastpitch glove should yield several choices. Be sure to look for one that is designed for females.
Female softball gloves or softball gloves for girls will have smaller finger stalls. They will be closer together and a little shorter. That makes the glove more manageable on the smaller hands. Several will have adjustable wrist straps to make snug fit on the wrist for comfort and control.
Find a ball glove made of Steerhide, Kip or just make sure it is real leather, that will last several years. She will likely grow out of it before it wears out. You may have to pay a little more for it, but it will be worth it in the long run.
If you need a beginners softball glove, go with the 12 inch softball glove. If you are looking for a step up or multi- use glove, go with the 13 inch softball glove.
Visit today to learn more about training for a career in golf at National University Golf Academy. Ted Norby takes us through the …
Are you scared of public speaking? Here are some tried and tested tips to help you overcome your fears and perform to the best of your ability.
Put in the Preparation Time
Many speakers worry about forgetting what they want to say whilst on stage. Defeating this fear is completely under your own control. Work out exactly what it is you want to say and then practice, practice, practice. If you are really nervous, practicing your presentation ten, twenty or even thirty times can create a real sense of confidence.
Don’t allow yourself to dwell on negative thoughts about a forthcoming presentation. When you catch yourself thinking negatively, replace the thought with a powerful, positive image of you succeeding in the presentation. Take a tip from elite athletes and try spending fifteen minutes each day, sitting with your eyes closed and visualising the successful completion of your speech from beginning to end. It works because your subconscious can’t tell the difference between a real and imagined experience. So, see, hear a feel yourself giving a great presentation. Hear the words of the audience members as they congratulate you on a fantastic, interesting speech.
Take some Exercise
Exercising before a speech or presentation is a great way to relax the body and reduce nerves. Try going for a jog or even just a walk around the building before you go on stage. The endorphins released by your body, will give you a nice relaxed feeling that helps control the physiological symptoms of public speaking fear.
Meet the Audience
Meeting the audience before a speech can really help to calm your fears. You will see that they are not the ‘audience monsters’ you imagination might otherwise create! Take time to shake hands with people as they arrive and exchange a few words. Remember – a stranger is just a friend you haven’t met yet.
Make Eye Contact
Making eye contact helps you to realise that you are having a conversation with lots of other individuals rather than an impersonal ‘audience’. Start by making eye contact with some of the people you already know or those you met before the presentation. They want you to succeed!
Record your success
When you’ve completed your presentation, make a note of how it went. How you felt and how you can improve. Look back at your diary before your next speech and reflect on the fact that you did it before and you will do it again.
Set Positive Goals
Finally, resolve to break out of the vicious cycle of public speaking fear by setting a positive goal to become a competent, confident speaker. Find ways to develop your new interest. Read blogs, books and join Toastmasters International.
Want Nick and Off Leash K9 Training to COME TO YOU and train you and your dog? www.celebritydogtrainers.com Interested in training or opening your own …
If you own a dog that annoys the entire neighborhood with his nuisance barking, than you might already have spent some time searching for that magic solution and eventually come across some web sites featuring dog citronella collar as the most humane and most effective anti bark collar. You find that it all sound too good to be true and wondering if it is just another empty promise and trick to get your hard earned money. I agree that we should spend some time researching before we spend any dollar, especially online.
Here are the pros why you should consider buying citronella collar:
1. Dog citronella collar uses all natural spray of citronella to stop dog barking which makes it one of the safest anti-bark collar on the market today.
2. Since citronella spray is safe for our dog this collar is also very humane way to stop excessive dog baring.
3. Based on the scientific study conducted at Animal Behavior Clinic at Cornell’s College of Veterinary Medicine, dog citronella collar was 88% effective at stooping or reducing excessive dog barking, while dog shock collar was 44% effective at stopping or reducing dog barking.
4. When bark sensing unit discovers our dog barking it automatically emits a spray of citronella which ensures that most important aspect of dog reword and correction is met- the timing.
5. Many citronella collar models can be activated remotely which makes it very suitable to use for correcting many other dog problem behaviors such as jumping on visitors, digging, chewing, running away and many more.
Here are the cons why you might want to reconsider your decision:
1. If used too often our dog could eventually habituate to the smell of citronella.
2. We need to buy extra citronella refills which increases the overall cost.
3. Dog citronella collar works only if our dog wears the collar.
4. Some users have reported mechanical issues with the unit
When all this is said it is clear that the benefits this collar offers are great and the cons are indeed minor and can be overcome easily by putting good training plan in place.